Monday, September 5, 2011

Awful Blogger Right Here!

It's crazy to see that I haven't posted a new blog in over a year and a half! So much has changed in these last 19 months. So many journeys taken. In reference to my last blog post; I did leave BOMImed but ended up being unemployed for 3 months. During those 3 months I spent a lot of time moping around the house or baking. The guys from Adam's work loved the fact that I was baking so much because I would send most of the treats to work with him. In an attempt to find something to do I began my own cookie business. Still that wasn't much money and after 3 months of going crazy, 3 visits to a counselor, and 1 boyfriend sick of me moping, I decided to get a job. I ended up getting a part time job at Madison Lane Boutique in Lockport. Mid way through I started getting bored once again and picked up a 2nd job at the Walmart Portrait Studio. So last summer I worked my butt off and enjoyed it for the most part. At the end of September I quit the Boutique temporarily and focused on working at the Studio. Last Christmas was full of wonderful surprises! After almost 5 years of being together Adam finally proposed! I was so shocked and thrilled and couldn't believe it finally happened!! The ring box was wrapped and hidden in the toe of my stocking! After the ring was on my finger I proceeded to text everyone on my contact list at 11:30 at night! Come January things at the studio started petering out. The Christmas rush was over and the boredom sunk in. In January Adam and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary and I also celebrated my 24th birthday. In March I decided to drop down to casual at the studio and head back to the Boutique. This year I have spent most of my time working and planning our July 2012 wedding. The wedding is for the most part completely planned already. I even have my dress and shoes! A few weeks ago everyone at the portrait studio decided to quit and knowing that I knew that eventually I was going to get the dreaded call asking me to work. Of course the call came from the district manager and I knew then that I did not want to return to the studio. Another job bites the dust. Now the summer is coming to it's inevitable end and the sweet smells of fall are beginning to waft through the windows. The boutique will stay open until at least November 30th and if the weather is nice we'll stay open until December 15th. I'm not sure yet what I will do in the 2.5-3 month period that the store is closed but I'll figure it out. Maybe I'll become a Starbucks barrista. Currently I have been busy preparing for our November 19th social. Sounds like it's going to be a good night full of wonderful people, great music and an insane silent auction!!
Another change that has happened in the last 5 months, is one of my closest relationships ended. Kaitlyn who I had been friends with for 10 years is no longer in my life or at least hasn't been in the last 5 months. The friendship almost ended in 2010 though when she had her baby. I had said a comment that was supposed to be humorous/ironic/whatever and she took it the wrong way which led to a verbal written bashing from her sister and then another written verbal bashing from herself. After not even 3 months of no contact from my side anyways I finally gave in and decided that it was time to pick up the pieces of our relationship. It mainly was because her grandmother had passed away and I knew what she had meant to Kaitlyn and in my gut I knew I had to be there for her. After a good 6 and a half months of friendship our relationship turned sour. March 2011, we were both engaged, both each others maid of honor and both making plans for the future. I had my wedding date chosen so did she. Then out of the blue she changes her date to 4 weeks before mine. If I wasn't her maid of honor that would have been no big deal at all but I was and that did change things. After a week of upset and not talking to her I finally sent her a message explaining that I couldn't be her maid of honor. It was nothing mean or hurtful or vindictive or anything but she didn't speak to me for a week and after 10 years of friendship  I knew that that meant she was angry. I then proceeded to send her a message asking her if she was still going to be my maid of honor or not. And boy did I get a screenful back! She had turned all my words around. Pictured me as the bad guy. Pointed things out that were totally unrelated to the topic at hand and really, plainly tried to make me feel like shit. That message right there is what ended it all. I sent her a message back saying I was done and that we were no longer each others maid of honors. I was vague in the message about what I was done with but I think the point got across that I was done with the situation and I was done with her. It's unfortunate really but I looked back over the 10 years and realized the amount of fight we had, the amounts of pointless arguments and the amount of times that I was in the wrong in her eyes. Over the last 10 years every time we had any sort of tiff it was my job to pick up the pieces and put our relationship back together. It was my job to watch every little thing I said so it wouldn't be taken wrongly and cause a fight with us. I can't count the number of times I apologized and groveled about something that I didn't necessarily do. It took 10 years for me to take the wool off my eyes and stand up for myself. I do miss Kaitlyn but I do not miss the drama that comes with her.
It's amazing to see what happens in 19 months. Well this terrible blogger is going to sign off for now and hopefully I can get on here more frequently to post updates/rants/thoughts. Life is a journey not a destination! :)

No comments: